Tuesday, April 12, 2005

reasons why i'm not allowed out

you, my friend, looked cute tonight all dressed up.

sorry i couldn't talk.

i was already drunk and going to meet my touchy (not in the liking to touch but needy way) friend who's perfect girlfriend just dumped him (for the right reasons) and felt like an asshole for being all over the place, drunk, and scattered because…ell you know. when i walked into Lemongrass "You are the woman that I always dreamed of" was playing. when your friend needs you to be all about them and you're busy realizing how ripe for parody the writer who wrote you the recommendations (name excluded) to all the schools you didn't get into and even though your intentions are to take care of your broken hearted friend all you say are dumb things (like my cool line at brunch with him and his buddies on sunday "don't any of you have a 5''8"ish girlfriends who need to buy my 161 snowboard?" uh....duh.) so instead you try and make up for it by saying pedestrian things like "there are a million and five hot women in the 21 to 37 year old bracket who want to date an attractive man with a salary who likes fun stuff in new york and he tells you he signed up for Nerve this week and used his friendster profile and then read the women’s' that all said "I'll watch the game with you. I'll drink a beer." and i said, "dude, you won't even go to a knicks game with me. you won't use that 79 inch tv someone left at your house to watch the world series." he shrugged and knew that his girlfriend (who he didn't tell me, but i know broke up with him for wanting to party and not wanting to "settle down" (next year, after you've read my novel, but before it's published, you'll get why the "terror" of the quotes (picture them as air quotes) is so fucking bad. ) when'"I'll be all right without you" is when we had to leave.

you doing your comedy show on thursday?
i was planning on crashing--tho i don't know where it is--but it turns out there is a reading at school and i'm going to insist on reading before i fade into "I have an MFA in creative writing" waitressland so am not going to my advisor's reading at pete candy store.

No comments: