Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Driving Day Two. Hotel in Ohio



T-bones is what you get for choosing a hotel off the highway based on the fact it has a bar. Although the drinks were $3 each, I'm not sure that made up for the creepy guy who worked there, who, after buying us a ginandtonic, then came back from reception to tell the whole bar (that is the four of us, that would be Laura, the guy, the bartender and me) that he's gotten himself a room. Huh. The bartender says, "uh, what about your wife?" he says, "i don't want to go home. I'm sick of looking at those walls." it's then that we put some Linda Ronstadt on the Juke Box.

1 comment:

L. Harmon said...

holy crap i had almost forgotten that lovely stretch of, Indianna? I love that the guy got a hotel room and then when he came back into the bar the phone rang, and the bartender looked at him and said, "it's probably your wife, do you want to answer it?"
I still have the Econo Lodge stationary.